JT Electrical Installations offer a comprehensive range of electrical services, installations and electrical maintenance work to both domestic homeowners and commercial businesses. JT Electrical Installations are based in Teignmouth therefore covering Torquay, Torbay, Exeter and the surrounding areas.
Range of services includes:
- All electrical systems design, installation and maintenance.
- Complete property electrical wiring and rewiring
- Electrical equipment and socket installation.
- Lighting installation.
- External and garden lighting, hot tubs, garages.
- House renovations.
- New builds.
- Domestic & Commercial.
- Electrical safety inspections and testing.
- Electrical fault finding.
- Landlord certificates for electrical safety.
- Portable appliance testing.
- Gas Safety Checks – using Gas Safe approved engineers.
- Heating Breakdowns.
- Full Kitchen and bathroom installations – one company offers all using nationally approved installers.
Electrical Installation Testing
JT Electrical Installations offer a range of electrical services, inspection, testing and also certification services. Whether your requirement is for electrical testing on domestic or commercial premises in Torquay, Teignmouth or the surrounding area:
- Electrical Installation Certification
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports (formally periodic inspections)
- Minor works
- Domestic & Commercial – Electrical Inspection Reports
- Emergency Lighting Certification
- Electrical Equipment and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
New Installations and Alterations or Additions to the Installation.
The IEE Wiring Regulations require every electrical installation to be inspected and tested during erection and on completion before being put into service. This requirement also applies to alterations or additions that include the provision of a new circuit to an existing installation.
Call today on 01626 879919 or 07875 683 385.
…if you would like a free quote for electrical services in Torquay Paignton, Brixham Exeter, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, and surrounding areas.
JT Electrical Installations can provide an independent inspection, test and certification for new installations including a first fix inspection. To ensures the installation meets BS7671 and appropriate Building Regulations relevant to electrical work.
The test and inspections would include:
- Visual inspection.
- Characteristics of supply at the origin of the installation.
- Protective conductors continuity test.
- Ring Circuit Continuity.
- Insulation resistance test.
- Earth electrode resistance.
- Earth fault loop impedance tests.
- Operation of residual current devices.
- Prospective fault current.
- Site applied insulation and insulation of non conducting floors and walls.
Part P Explained
Since 1st January 2005, all electrical work (apart from simple like-for-like replacements of damaged power points and light fittings) has been subject to approval by local authority building control officers.
Part P explained – What does Part P actually mean?
Any DIYer who fits a new lighting circuit in the kitchen, or installs an electric shower, is therefore obliged by the new Part P of the Building Regulations to supply plans in advance to the council. In addition will have to pay for an inspector to come out to test the work.
Electrical works carried out as part of major works requiring a Building Regulations approval will be included within the principal application. If works are only being carried out to the electrical system, a separate application must also be made. Unless the work is carried out by a competent person, registered with an approved Part P self-certification scheme which in our case is NAPIT.
If this latter route is chosen, the competent person must therefore provide a self-certification certificate to the customer and also forward a copy to the authorities within 30 days.
What types of electrical work does Part P apply to?
- in a dwelling.
The term dwelling includes houses, maisonettes and flats and also applies to electrical installations in business premises that share an electricity supply with dwellings, such as shops and public houses with a flat above.
- in the common parts of buildings consequently serving one or more dwellings.
The common parts of buildings including access areas in blocks of flats such as hallways and shared amenities in blocks of flats like laundries and gymnasiums, but excludes power supplies to lifts.
- in a building that receives electricity from a source located within or shared with a dwelling.
- in a garden or on land associate with a building because the electricity supply is from a source located within or shared with a dwelling.
- electrical installations located in outbuildings.
Such as detached garages, sheds or greenhouses.
- electrical installations that operate at voltages not exceeding as much as 1000 V a.c.
Notifiable work includes new installations, house re-wires, and the installation of new circuits. This also includes additions to existing circuits in kitchens, bathrooms, outdoors and in other special locations.
Special locations and installations:
- Locations containing a bathtub or shower basin.
- Swimming pools or paddling pools.
- Hot air saunas.
- Electric floor or ceiling heating systems.
- Garden lighting or power installations.
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) power supply systems.
- Small scale generators such as micro CHP units.
- Extra-low voltage lighting installations, other than pre-assembled, CE-marked lighting sets.
Landlord Inspections Services
As a landlord, tenant or owner-occupier, safety is always the top priority when it’s time for a gas safety or electrical inspection, installation of gas by approved Gas Safe engineers, maintenance or repair, JT Electrical Installations saves you time and also money.
Call today on 01626 879919 or 07875 683 385.
…if you would like a free quote for electrical services in Torquay Paignton, Brixham Exeter, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and surrounding areas.
Here are the benefits for the landlord and their tenants:
- First of all the inspection proves that your property meets the regulations – so landlord and tenant can relax.
- Your landlord safety inspection usually needs just one visit – therefore minimising inconvenience for you and your tenant.
- Gas, electrical, and smoke alarm inspection can be combined in that one visit.
- One price gives landlord and tenant peace of mind because there are no hidden extras.
- JT Electrical Installations is NICEIC registered and also uses Gas Safe registered engineers.
- We notify the landlord and tenant after the inspection – so everyone knows they’re safe.
- Finally, automatic reminders mean the landlord never misses an annual safety inspection.
JT Electrical Installations have all of your electrical needs covered and also guaranteed to pass the highest standards.